What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Sunday, January 3, 2016

The Holidays are Over. How About a Nice Normal Cup of Coffee



This record is from when coffee was simple.

Morton Gould and His Orchestra  - Coffee Time (RCA 1958)

So simple, in fact, that they're enjoying it on a card table with folding chairs.  The most frightening thing for me on this cover is the cup of coffee perched on the edge of the turntable.  The blonde guy isn't even paying attention to what he's doing with the record.  Pretty soon they won't be smiling as a hot cup of joe gets into the electronics.




I'm not a fan of Starbucks or any other 'designer coffee' establishment.   I long for a simpler time when there was freedom from choice.

Before the rise of the 'gourmet' coffee establishments, the only choice one needed to make was cream or sugar.   When ordering coffee at the airport or a donut shop, we had the additional burden of deciding between large or small.

No veni, vidi, vinci to confuse me.   I once wanted a large coffee, but wanted to know how many ounces they were.  I asked how big their large coffees were.  The 'barista' (or as I like call them 'coffee jerks') replied that their large was vici or something like that.  Big help.  I drink coffee black, so I'm never asked 'what kind of milk?"   I think I would reply "cow."

And please!   How long can it possibly take to make a cup of coffee.  At the airport, only wanting a coffee and a muffin, I'm confronted with a long line out the door at Starbucks.  Much more convenient to just get a danish and a normal coffee at a neighboring food stand.


No comments:

Post a Comment