What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Sunday, April 3, 2016

A is for Animals

Here begins a silly little series.  Sometimes I know I just need to do a post.  Nothing comes to mind to say anything about.  I decided to go through my LP's and pick one record from each letter.  I may have some trouble with a few letters, but this silly game just might work.

So it begins.

A is for Animals

And I present what I think is their best album

The Animals - Animalism  (MGM 1966)



This was their last LP.  All subsequent records were billed as Eric Burdon and The Animals featuring an all new band.

Here The Animals run through great blues covers.   The opening track, All Night Long,  was written by Frank Zappa.  According to rumor, he produced this track and The Other Side of This Life.    There's a Bo Diddley arrangement to a Donovan song, Hey Gyp.




For some reason, this record was only released in the USA and quickly went out of print.  My copy is in glorious mono.  I purchased this one at dear departed Aron's Records in the Melrose district of Los Angeles.   Amoeba put them out of business.

Get it if you can.....



No comments:

Post a Comment