What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, May 28, 2016

Shiny Things 1968

In 1968, shiny was a thing.  These two record covers were printed on foil paper.

Cream - Wheels of Fire (Atco 1968)

The double album released in 1968.  One record studio, the other live.  For years I had a late 80's pressing on RSO.   I found this one at a thrift store in Atwater Village.   It's got the original foil cover and has the purple and gold Atco label.   It's got a bit of surface noise, but it is pressed LOUD.  It runs laps around the cheap '80's repress.




The Monkees - Head (Colgems 1968)

This is the soundtrack to the film of the same name.  The Monkees TV show had ended.  The band locked themselves in a hotel room with Jack Nicholson and lots of recreational libations.  The result was the screenplay for the movie.  The soundtrack album, which is produced by Jack Nicholson, is pretty far out.



No comments:

Post a Comment