What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Friday, September 9, 2016

Eno - Before and After Science

Brian Eno - Before and After Science (Polydor 1977)


Eno's last vocal album for some time.  He wouldn't release another until his collaboration with John Cale in the '90's.



This is the first time he used first name on a release.





The album is divided onto a loud side and a quiet side.  As with Eno's previous 'rock' records, a varied cast of characters help out.  Robert Fripp, Phil Manzanera, Phil Collins and Fred Frith,


Since I was a big fan at the time, I picked this up in the import bin (probably at Zed in Long Beach, CA) as soon as it was available.  As a result, I got the color prints that only came with the first limited pressings.

See below......

The Road to the Crater


The Other House



Look at September, Look at October



Forty Years

No comments:

Post a Comment