What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Recording on 35 MM - Evidently this was a thing


The idea of recording on 35MM film was an actual thing.  Technology was developed by Everest Records to record on 35MM film stock coated with magnetic tape.  The stock was then run through a projector type mechanism with sprocket holes.  

This was state of the art stuff.

I have a few records recorded this way.

Frank Sinatra - The Concert Sinatra (Reprise xxxx) 





And this thing.....


Here's someone who can explain it much better than I

http://store.acousticsounds.com//s/58/Everest_from_Classic_Records

No comments:

Post a Comment