What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Tuesday, September 6, 2016

The Boxes of 45's Are Finally Getting Organized

For those of you who have been following my adventures (I think there are about 6 of you), you know my habit of blindly buying boxes of 45's.   Below is a picture of the keepers so far.  I've managed to catalog and alphabetize them.


Those you see above are the result of three major purchases of 200-300 each. Usually for between $25-$50 each time.    I still have a ton to go through.  I've gotten many duplicates.  Some were unplayable.  Some are valuable rarities.  Lots of tossers.  Some would go for about 25 cents on the collectors market.


Some of the rarities.....

Original Capitol Records pressings of Gene Vincent 45's in company sleeves.
Original Brunswick Records pressings of Buddy Holly 45's in company sleeves.
Some Vee-Jay and Swan Beatles 45's.  (one of them valued at $600 in the Goldmine guide)
Original version of Kansas City by Wilbert Harrison on Fury Records.

Most of the final keepers are late '60's pop hits, such as...

Build Me Up Buttercup
Lots of Grassroots, Tommy James, Hollies, Dave Clark Five and Box Tops
Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes.  (I often wondered if inspiration on this is from the writer walking his dog named Rosemary).


Oh, and company sleeves abound.  Trying to mix and match the best I can.  Most will probably be matched with items in the regular collection - not pictured here.


Company sleeves get to wear plastic sheaths.   Since most of these came without sleeves at all, the others should be perfectly happy wearing paper. I consider that a big step up as most of them were destined for the trash or a craft project.   I gave them a happy home where they can be played without fear of turning into a novelty coaster.




No comments:

Post a Comment