What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Sunday, November 13, 2016

Capitol Records Stereo Manifesto


When Stereo records began to appear on the market, each label touted the reason why theirs sounded better.   Below is Captol's stereo manifesto touting their 'new improved full dimensional stereo.'



This type of sound was on most Capitol recordings in the '60's.   They were so insistent on it they decided it was a good idea to remix and remaster Beatles recordings.   It didn't hurt their success, but the original UK mixes produced by George Martin are now considered definitive.  The Capitol mixes are only available on the original vinyl pressings and the recent box set money grab.



   BeatlesCapitolAlbumsVol1albumcover.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment