What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Thursday, March 16, 2017

Admiral Stereo


My parents bought this Admiral phonograph in the 60's.   As was the norm in those days, it came with a record.



All mixed to circumvent the shortcomings of the particular unit.  Remember RCA's Dynagroove?  That was an attempt to use noise cancelling technology to minimize the rumble from their console stereos.



The record itself is color coded by genre.....


The turntable came with instructions right on the platter.


And just for fun, here is the manual.




The stereo is long gone.  My sister and I used to lay claim on it and drag back and forth between our  rooms.


No comments:

Post a Comment