What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Monday, April 9, 2018

Counterfeits for G.I.'s!

With thousands of G.I.'s stationed in southeast Asia from about 1965 to 1974, there was a big market for American rock and roll.  Copyright law and enforcement was a little lax in Taiwan.  They had no issue of looking the other way when Liming Records decided to just pirate existing titles and sell them on the cheap.

A few of these have made their way back to the US with the servicemen.   Here's a sample of one.


It's a copy of the double live Grateful Dead album commonly referred to as Skull and Roses.


This label released a ton of them.  There was no attempt to pass it off as something other than a counterfeit - If you pass over the mis spellings and such - although this was common even with big labels translated into Asian language. 



No comments:

Post a Comment