What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Sunday, April 8, 2018

Runout Groove Etchings #1

Grateful Dead - Terrapin Station (Arista 1977)

The Dead only made a few stellar studio albums.  This particular one was a stab by their new label at mass success.  They hired Fleetwood Mac producer Keith Olsen to 'modernize' their sound.   The band was holed up  in a studio in Van Nuys, California for months.   Once done, Olsen ran off an had his way with the tapes - adding orchestrations, wiping percussion tracks, etc to arrive at a finished product.  The songs are classics and remained in repertoire until the very end.  The record is not so classic.

But - this post is to not talk about the music on the record.  I'm here to talk about the 'secret messages' sometimes included on the dead wax.

Here are the examples from Terrapin Station.

Side 1:  'Where Do You Keep Your Stereo Jer?"




Side 2:  "If it Rolls, Sink It"




And I don't mind saying these things are a bitch to photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment