What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Record Store Day 2018

Every year I say there's nothing on the list worth waiting in line for.  Every year I change my mind when the day approaches.  This year was no exception.  I arrived at my local emporium at 8:30 AM.  The store opens at 11:00. 

There already was a line.  Those at the front didn't seem like record people to me.  Yes, I know we come in all shapes and sizes, but a middle aged Filipino women waiting to get a copy of Grateful Dead at the Fillmore, ALL the Bowie offerings and Hillbillies from Hell didn't seem quite right.  They were either hired by flippers or sent by the rich folk up on the hill who couldn't be bothered waiting in line with us regular folk who might wear tennis shoes or the occasional python boot.


At one point someone in an Audi stopped right in traffic lanes to ask why we were in line.  Someone said 'Neil Diamond!'    Businesses adjoining the store include a doggie daycare center, a pilates studio, a light bulb store and a face peeling joint. 

My local store, who shall remain nameless,  is the best place for Record Store Day in SoCal.   Totally organized.  Lists filled while you snake through the racks.   No fuss. No Muss.  Not the tourist circus that Amoeba has become.

I came away with the items below.    



The only things I struck out on were the two singles by the MC5.  Bob, the proprietor of my local emporium, told me they'd be getting some more soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment