What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Friday, July 20, 2018

DEVO MERCH

DEVO (short for De-Evolution) pulled itself together by a bunch of art students from Ohio.  Their milieu included film, video, costuming and a satirical message.  Mankind is devolving due to mass stupidity and consumerism.

With the release of their third album, DEVO fully embraced band merchandising and took it to a comical nth degree.    

DEVO - Freedom of Choice (Warner Brothers 1980)



The inner sleeve was an ad for merchandise.  They even took credit cards.


The band is still around.  I saw them at the Burger Boogaloo in Oakland this summer (2018).   Their message is still clear - in fact they put forth our president as proof that de evolution is real.


No comments:

Post a Comment