What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, July 28, 2018

Creedence Picture Sleeves


I love 45's and am a sucker for picture sleeves.  If I see them in decent condition, I'll pounce.   I recently took a drive from Los Angeles to Oakland to attend the Burger Boogaloo with my daughter Toby Ventura.

I stopped at Boo Boo Records in San Luis Obispo and scored these picture sleeves from Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Travellin' Band b/w Who'll Stop the Rain (Fantasy 1970)

A Little Richard styled rocker backed with a thinly veiled political tune.   I once saw Bruce Springsteen open with the B Side at a rain drenched outdoor show in New Jersey.


Lookin' Out My Back Door b/w Long As I Can See the Light (Fantasy 1970)



Fortunate Son b/w Down on the Corner (Fantasy 1970)



Sweet Hitch Hiker b/w Door to Door (Fantasy 1971)

Tensions within the band over John Fogerty's dominance as a singer/songwriter forced participation on vocals and songwriting to other band members.  The result was the disastrous LP Mardi Gras.  The single (of course) was a Fogerty Tune as the A side.



No comments:

Post a Comment