What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Thursday, August 9, 2018

Aum

Every local music scene has a ton of bands.  When the majors swoop in and sign them, there are always a few left behind.  An example of this would be San Francisco Fillmore era band Aum

Aum  - Resurrection (Fillmore 1969)



A San Francisco band that barely toured outside Northern California.   They played the Fillmore/Avalon/Carousel circuit in San Francisco often.  Most likely because they were an easy phone call in the Bay Area when a slot needed to be filled.



Back in college I spoke with someone who frequented the Fillmore during it's heyday.  Their favorite band was Aum who - of course - I never heard of.   When I saw this in a used record emporium, I snapped it up.



It was issued on Fillmore records, a short lived company operated by Bill Graham to get a piece of the pie not already snapped up by the majors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment