What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Rolling Stones Records Company Sleeve


Back to 45 fun and company sleeves.  One of the goofiest belongs to The Rolling Stones.  When they launched their own record company, they needed something striking in the shops when they didn't have picture sleeves.  This is what we got!


It didn't last too long.   Releases soon came in generic Atlantic sleeves until (for some reason) it was revived for the Hang Fire sleeve in 1981.   The originals were on card stock and featured a tapered lower right corner.   In 1981 we got square paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment