What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Sunday, October 20, 2019

RIP - Larry Taylor

Most people with say 'who?' on this one.   Larry Taylor was a founding member of Topanga Canyon boogie band Canned Heat.  He was the last surviving member of the original lineup (save for the drummer)..

Here's their first record.

Canned Heat (Liberty 1967)


The tracklist consists solely of blues covers.


My copy is in glorious mono.

Unlike most bands where the drummer goes first, Canned Heat's original drummer is still with us working as a therapist in Southern California.   Unlike most band members, Larry left a band to join John Mayall - the opposite of most career trajectories.


No comments:

Post a Comment