What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Wednesday, October 16, 2019

RIP Series - Peter Fonda

Peter Fonda.  Not a rock star, but a rock star icon nonetheless.

Easy Rider was not the first biker movie.  There was The Wild One with Marlon Brando in the '50's.  Roger Corman made Hells Angels on Wheels with Nancy Sinatra a few years earlier.   The biker movie could be made on the cheap.  There's not a whole lot that will enhance outdoor photography on open highways.  Easy Rider hit and for a fleeting moment, made the biker film acceptable.

The soundtrack to Easy Rider was released to coincide with the movie.  It was huge!



Steppenwolf is heavily featured  - which is probably why the LP ended up on Dunhill.   The Band did not give rights to Dunhill.  Their recording of The Weight used in the movie was replaced by that of Dunhill artists Smith. 



Cheap biker movies were all the rage for a few years.   Werewolves on Wheels is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment