What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, November 9, 2019

A Pretty Awesome Genesis B Side

Genesis was one of the best of the early 70's prog bands.   They brought a clever sense of humor to the proceedings - something sorely lacking in most classically trained musicians. 

Along the way  - the band issued a pretty awesome B-Side

Genesis  - I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe) b/w Twilight Ale House (Charisma 1973)

With the A side pulled from Selling England By the Pound (get the pun?) Genesis had a shot at getting themselves a hit single.  They placed Twilight Ale House on the B-Side - complete with prog freakout coupled with references to LSD and paranoia.   IMHO it's a stunner...


The band lasted another year and change.   Peter Gabriel left the band to fend for themselves.  They still had the musicianship, but morphed into some sort of cross between prog, arena rock and catchy tunes.    Feh!


No comments:

Post a Comment