What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, November 16, 2019

If You Get Fired - Own the Moment.....


Keef Hartley was the drummer in John Mayall's band in the late 60's   He replaced Mick Fleetwood in the original Bluesbreakers lineup.  At some point he either was fired or quit.  He then formed his own band.

Keef Hartley Band  - Halfbreed (Deram 1969)

How did he won his sacking?  Well the first track, Sacked, features a phone call from Mayall to Hartley telling him he's fired.   Is it real?   It contradicts the title of the instrumental track on Mayall's Bare Wires entitled Hartley Quits. 

Keef's schtick was to dress like an American Indian behind the drum kit. 



The band lasted for a few more albums, all good examples of UK blues.   The Keef Hartley Band played Woodstock, but due to technical difficulties was neither filmed not recorded.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment