What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Gentle Giant - So You Want a Hit Single? Here!

1974.  Gentle Giant goes to a new label that desperately wants a hit single.   The band, being a pretty hard core prog unit was at a loss.  Their decision - let's write something catchy and stupid.  We'll see how it catches on.

The result was this.....

Gentle Giant  - The Power and the Glory b/w Playing the Game (WWA 1974)



It was not a hit and the band was then encouraged to do what they do best. As opposed to most other prog bands of the era, their stuff has aged well.




No comments:

Post a Comment