What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, February 1, 2020

Terry Jones Has Ceased to Be

Monty Python member Terry Jones is an ex-person.  Mr. Creasote has sampled his last forkfull.

The origin of the term 'spam' for unwanted email can be traced back to one of their skits.   but..... Let's talk about a record.

The Monty Python Matching Tie and Handkerchief (Arista 1973)

On the surface it's your basic comedy album with creative packaging.   The die-cut cover appears as a package you might find at a department store.


Pull out the inner sleeve to reveal a Terry Gilliam illustration of a hanged man.


It's the free record that sets this apart from any other. 


One side is double tracked.  Two complete programs are included.   Which one you get depends on where the needle drops.  So in essence this is a three sided record.

As we lose Terry Jones and the 'Seventh Python' Neil Innes (or he he the eighth behind Carol Cleveland), I leave you with their hit single.




According to Eric Idle's recent memoir, the most requested song at British funerals.  Mixed by George Harrison who single handedly funded Life of Brian because he wanted to see the movie.



No comments:

Post a Comment