What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Sunday, February 9, 2020

RIp Series - Jack Scott

Geez there are so many of these that some of the more obscure ones slip by. 

Jack Scott was an Italian rockabilly cat from Ontario, Canada.  He had more chart appearances than Eddie Cochran and Gene Vincent, yet is hardly remembered today.

Jack Scott - The Way I Walk/Midgie (Carlton 1958)



Probably his best known track.  Covered by The Cramps in the late 70's and remained a staple in their live set until the end.

Jack Scott - Burning Bridges/Oh, Little One (Top Rank International 1959)

Another chart appearance.  This one about ending a relationship and burning letters.  It hints at an escalation to burning down a house.


No comments:

Post a Comment