What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Friday, February 28, 2020

The Who Support The Stones

In 1967 Mick Jagger and Keith Richards were thrown in jail on unrelated (to each other) drug charges.  Keith was set up by news of the world and busted at his home.  Mick was found to be in possession of amphetamines for which he had a prescription issued by an Italian doctor.  The whole thing was basically a war on youth culture.  The Rolling Stones were considered bad influences and role models.  The man wanted to put them down.

The whole incident rendered The Stones inactive for much of 1967. 

The Who wanted to help out by keeping the music of Mick and Keith on the charts.  Their intention was to release singles while Mick and Keith were incarcerated.  They managed to get one out before the a judge threw out their case.

The Who  - Under My Thumb b/w The Last Time (Track 1967)



No comments:

Post a Comment