What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Thursday, February 20, 2020

When The Throwaway B-Side Lives On


In 1972, cartoonish glam rocker Gary Glitter released this single.

Gary Glitter - Rock and Roll Part 1/Rock and Roll Part 2 (Bell 1972)

It's kind of a dumb song with a very present rhythm section.


....but part 2 - which is merely an extension of the backing track without the lead vocal - had legs.

Gary Glitter is currently serving time in prison for child sex crimes.  It was around the time of his arrest that sports teams began playing Rock and Roll Part 2 at games.  It caught on and is a crowd favorite.

Recently, it was featured in the film Joker where the title character dances down a flight of stairs.

Sing along with me.  Rock and Roll Rock Rock and Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment