What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Ventures - Expo 7-0


The Ventures, America's premier instrumental guitar band, was a big deal in Japan.  Probably because they didn't have to deal with the language barrier.  They toured there often.  An oft quoted statistic has them outselling The Beatles in Japan 5 to 1.  

In 1970, Japan hosted Expo 70 in Osaka.   The Ventures supplied the official theme song.  

I found this on EBay. This particular pressing came via Canada.





The B-Side is a take on Swan Lake.  I always thought the tune was from the original soundtrack of Lugosi's Dracula.  I know now that I'm mistaken.

Sayanara









No comments:

Post a Comment