What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Sunday, July 10, 2016

Roger Dean and Osibisa


Roger Dean is an illustrator most often associated with Yes.  He's the guy responsible for their logo.

Before hooking up with that band and designing about nine of their covers, he did this cover in 1971.

Osibisa (Decca 1971)

This was the first of his covers to be so elaborate.  It caught the eye of the Yes camp and the rest is, as they say, history.


Osibisa is made up African and Caribbean musicians.  Very worldly.  Still sounds contemporary.    Think Afropop/Reggae fusion with hot lead guitar.



No comments:

Post a Comment