What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Thursday, July 7, 2016

TMOQ


Love their bootlegs.  Back in the day - long before micro digital recorders and  the internet - recordings were made of live concerts by lugging in giant tape recorders.   From there, the recordings were cut onto records.  A few labels were out there.  One of the most prominent (in Southern California at least) was Trademark of Quality.

Earlier covers simply had the title stamped on a blank jackets.




Later, 8 x 10 Xeroxes were inserted under the shrinkwrap.




The labels had no unique writing.  Just their iconic pig logo - which was selected from a clip art book of options for bank checks.




The 'company' later hooked up with budding artist Willam Stout to create covers and come up with a new logo featuring a pig with sunglasses and a cigar.







No comments:

Post a Comment