What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Friday, January 27, 2017

Mae West




What can an aging, faded movie star do, 'cept make a rock and roll record.

Mae West - Way Out West (Tower 1966)




Mae West, 72 at the time, records a rock and roll record with a young pop combo.  The result is a lot of fun.  Mae coos her way through Day Tripper, Boom Boom, Twist and Shout, and Dylan's If You Gotta Go.  A curio at best, it actually made the charts.   A party favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment