What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Monday, August 28, 2017

Vegas Vinyl in Las Vegas


I was just in Las Vegas for a conference.  I went a few days early with the family.  We saw The Who at Caesar's Palace.  I had a few hours to kill between family and conference.  Of course I visited record stores.

Vegas Vinyl

Located in an unassuming strip mall across the street from the Airport.  Literally - behind me in this shot is parking lot, then the street, then the airport fence, then the runway.


Unlike the store that shall not be named across town, the proprieter is an extremely nice guy.  I got the feeling he's living his dream in operating a record store.  I got there right as they opened on a Saturday morning.  I was immediately offered a free cold bottled water to enjoy as I dug through the crates.

Some comments about the music currently playing led to lively conversation.  A pleasant experience.  will definitely return when I'm back in Las Vegas.

I very much like their logo.  If it was offered on a T-shirt I would have purchased one.

Vegas Vinyl

After shopping I stopped off at my hotel to put records in a safe place as it was about 150 degrees outside.   Then a quick trip to old friend Record City - previously blogged about here.


And the store who shall not be named was avoided.  When you have a well earned reputation for being a jerk, you don't get my business.




No comments:

Post a Comment