What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Record City, Las Vegas, NV (Paul Revere Content)


In Las Vegas, you can take a monorail to a record store.  Behind the north end of the Strip, near the Stratosphere and the World's Largest Gift Shop lies Record City.   Just take the monorail to the end of the line  - behind the (former site of) The Sahara.  Walk a block or two and you're there.  They have a nicely organized selection of 45's and well as tons of LP's.  I always make a point of stopping in there. Don't leave stuff in your car in summer though.  It can get brutally hot.





Once I was in there purchasing an album by Paul Revere and the Raiders.  I was 2nd in line behind an older blonde gentleman.  When I stepped up to the counter, the clerk told me the guy in front of me was PAUL REVERE.  I raced outside after my hastily made purchase to see if he'd sign it - only to see him drive away.   And no, he wasn't driving his keyboard car.



Paul Revere's Keyboard Car


Las Vegas is one of my favorite cities for used records, thrift stores and pawn shops.   I had the theory that musicians went there to retire.  Their gear ended up in the pawnshops and their records ended up at Record City.  Not sure if it's true.

They have another location in Las Vegas.  Not as easy to get to if you don't have a car.  There's also one in San Diego.




No comments:

Post a Comment