What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, January 20, 2018

Their Satanic Majesties Request

The Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request (London 1967)

The original of this title came out with a 3D cover.  Due to the expense and lackluster sales, it was soon replaced by a 2D version.   I came across an original in a thrift store.   There were markings and what appeared to be grease on the 3D panel.  A bit of 409 and a soft cloth worked wonders.


This one's for looking only (my UK pressing from the '70's is for playing)



In addition, this one came with the original inner sleeve. 


This album is considered a detour for The Stones.  They're certainly operating outside their comfort zone.   The result is a combination of dogs and gems.   Given the personal and personnel issues they were having at the time, it's a wonder anything was released at all.







No comments:

Post a Comment