What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Friday, February 9, 2018

I Love Record Covers with Records On Them #1 - Les Baxter

A mildewy thrift store find

Les Baxter's Young Pops  (Capitol 1960)


Lots of records on this one without sleeves.  A coincidence - they're all on Capitol.

The record iconography carried over to the back cover.



As is common for inner sleeves of the era - Capitol bragged about the quality of their stereo recordings are better than anyone else's.  Their term 'Full Dimensional Stereo' carried on until the end of the 60's.



No comments:

Post a Comment