What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Sonic Youth Recorded a Song Just for Us

Sassy Magazine was a short lived publication directed at insecure teen girls.  It gave tips on how to be fashionable and hip to those who had nary a clue.  It groomed them to be future hipster fashion victims and annoying vegetarians.

In the November 1990 issue, they promised 2000 people could win a Sonic Youth single.

Image result for sassy magazine November 1990 cover


Their contribution was the apt New York Dolls cover - Personality Crisis.

Sonic Youth - Personality Crisis b/w Dirty Boots (demo version) (David Geffen company 1990)



Their cover of Personality Crisis takes one of the New York Doll's most rockin' numbers and delivers it in a laid back acoustic style.  Kim Gordon takes the lead vocal with occasional guitar freakouts from Lee Ranaldo and Thurston Moore.

The B-Side is a demo of the lead off track from their album Goo.


Re: Sonic Youth.   Too bad they broke up with the divorce of Thurston and Kim.  The other three should get back together without her.  It would still be a great band.  C'mon Thurston, Lee and Steve.  Waddya say?  I promise to go see you when you play California.

and Re: Sassy   This wouldn't be the first (or last) time I bought a dumb magazine to get a record or CD.  I did it for REM and David Bowie

REM gets Sassyl




No comments:

Post a Comment