What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Wednesday, February 28, 2018

I Love Record Covers With Pictures of Records on Them #3 - Elvis


I'm sure Elvis had so many gold records he didn't know what to do with them all.

Elvis Golden Records (RCA 1958)

A compilation of singles believed to be the first greatest hits album in rock n' roll history.  Unfortunately, the one I have is fake stereo.  Not to worry, I've got the box set of all the '50's masters in glorious original mono.



So let's talk about the cover a bit.  Since Elvis had so many gold records, he evidently just hung them from his ceiling.  I'd call that creative adaptive re-use.  It reminds me of my mother-in-law. She used to hang those unwanted solicitation CD's from AOL on her fruit trees to scare the birds off.

No comments:

Post a Comment