What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, September 1, 2018

Groped by Nancy Sinatra



Nancy Sinatra - How Does Than Grab You (Reprise 1966)

Nancy's second LP on Daddy's label.

Is she hot or is she cold.  She can't seem to make up her mind.   Thick sweater and no pants.    And she looks a bit pissed off.  I would be too if someone stole my pants.  Those boots are made for walking, but she ain't going anywhere dressed like that


I was wondering about the origins of this phrase popular in the '60's.   The internet has some pretty funny 'scholarly' answers.

This expression employs the verb 'grab' in the sense of "excite one's interest."

Used to ask someone if they would be interested in doing a particular thing.


Here's how Nancy sums it up:

You came by at two o'clock, 
You shoulda been by at ten
I said bye at three o'clock 
And I ain't coming back again 
Whoa! 
How does that grab you, darlin'? 
How does that mess your mind?
How does that grab you darlin'?
This girl is leavin' you behind.
You smart alec tom cat you!
When the sun goes down 
And the moon comes up 
I'm gonna go out and prowl oh ya! 
Don't come lookin' for your pussy cat, 
'Cause I won't be here

No comments:

Post a Comment