What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Thursday, September 13, 2018

Roxy Music Cover Models #2 - Amanda Lear on For Your Pleasure.

As threatened/promised when I did my post about Keri-Ann Muller on The First Roxy Music Album, I'm going to feature their albums one by one.

With their second album, For Your Pleasure, the band carried on with cheesecake covers that harkened back to another era.

Roxy Music - For Your Pleasure - The Second Roxy Music Album (Island 1973).


 The cover model this time out is Amanda Lear.  Amanda was Salavador Dali's muse at the time  - and - as is the case with most of Roxy Music cover models - having a fling with Bryan Ferry.  Amanda is featured wearing a leather dress walking a black panther just outside of Las Vegas.  According to legend, the panther was so sedated he could hardly stand.   The eyes and mouth were drawn in later.

Bryan Ferry peers out from a limousine on the back.


This is one of Roxy Music's best records.   When Bryan Ferry did solo gigs last summer, no less than three tunes from For Your Pleasure were performed.

The inside gatefold shows all band members playing guitar.  Only one of them was the guitarist.


No comments:

Post a Comment