What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Bruce Springstone


Who doesn't love a good parody record?   Presenting Bruce Springstone.  The Flintstones theme as done by Bruce Springsteen. A fun record poking fun at the master of honest stories of working people as told by rich rock stars.

Bruce Springstone  - Live at Bedrock Featuring (Meet The) Flintstones



I especially love the spoken preamble.

I remember,
I remember when I was just a kid
Growin' up on them backstreets, in an old stone-age town
I used to come home at night from my job,
I had a job flippin' dino burgers
I'd see the quarry, it'd be just closing down by then
Little bird up on the pole,
He's screaming out how the working day's over
And I'd see them dinosaurs,
They'd be herding out through the gates
And the workers,
They'd be giving them cars a running start with their fat little feet
Now, so, so one night I'm crossing the alley
And I see this one worker coming home to his little stone hut
And I seen the lady's lunch pail by the door,
And he calls out to his wife,
"Hey Wilma! I'm home, honey











The B-Side is that American Anthem - Take Me Out to The Ball Game.  Illustration shows Bruce sliding into base holding his guitar which would have an amazing sound if played.

No comments:

Post a Comment