What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Sunday, January 13, 2019

Roxy Music Cover Models #5 - Jerry Hall on Siren

After a brief break with tradition, Roxy Music returned to using a cover model Bryan Ferry was carrying on with.  The previous album featured two random German tourists in Portugal. This time out we get Jerry Hall

Roxy Music  - Siren (Island 1975)

Jerry, at the time, was soon to be engaged to Bryan Ferry.  So smitten with her that he recorded a solo single of Let's Stick Together which became a hit for him.



But the romance was not to be.  Jerry left him after a hear to hook up with Mick Jagger.  Ferry went on to record the bitter The Bride Stripped Bare solo album - sticking with his image as a hopeless romantic who never gets the girl.

The back features pencil sketched photos of the band.  A first for them as they've been relegated to the inner gatefold on previous releases.


At the time this was released, I was not a fan of ATCO pressings in the USA.  They were noisy and didn't possess a decent range.  At the time I was also a big fan of Roxy Music.  I had a US version of their previous LP Country Life which I traded someone for a German import.  I didn't want to chance an ATCO pressing on a Roxy Music album again.   So I opted to wait for a UK import to arrive.    Glad I did as it comes with a a special label.



No comments:

Post a Comment