What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Sunday, January 20, 2019

The Ultimate Twist Record!

I love twist records.  I saw this at the Orange County (CA) Record Swap.   It was on Atlantic, so I was pretty sure it would be legitimate rather than a cash in record.

Carl Holmes and Commanders - Twist Party at the Roundtable (Atlantic 1962)

The record did not disappoint.


The energy of a seasoned R&B band playing twist music is stunning.   Remember that scene in Animal House when the frat went to see Otis Day and the Nights?  This has that level of excitement.

According to the back cover, everybody is twisting!


It had been said that rock and roll was in the doldrums between Elvis and The Beatles.   Play this record and prove those folks wrong.   It existed, but wasn't force fed to us on the radio.

Oh yeah, it's got a cool early Atlantic label.


No comments:

Post a Comment