What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Monday, April 6, 2020

14

Record company compilations are nothing new.  The basic idea was to feature one unreleased song by one or two major artists and fill the rest with the B-team.  

Here's one from Decca records in 1965

14 (Decca 1965)


The basic idea here - if you like the Rolling Stones, why not take a listed to The Apple Jacks or Unit 4 Plus 2 (a six piece?)



Nevertheless, we do get the Stones doing Surprise Surprise in glorious mono.   They didn't contribute their best song to this throwaway compilation, but hey, it's The Rolling Stones.


No comments:

Post a Comment