What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Thursday, April 16, 2020

Guilty Pleasure - Grand Funk Railroad

Who doesn't like loud, dumb rock?!  You can certainly count me in!   

Grand Funk Railroad was all the rage when I was in Jr. High.  I still pull the records out here and there...

This is one of my favorites

Grand Funk Railroad - Closer to Home (Capitol 1970)



The cover features Mark, Don and Mel in high contrast with 'real' eyes.


A friend who saw them back in the day relayed a story of a drum solo.  Seems Don had the obligatory rock drum solo.   The grand finale had him doing what appeared to be playing a drum with his head.  In reality he was hitting his bass drum pedal to make the sound.    I have searched far and wide for video of this, but have yet to strike gold.


No comments:

Post a Comment