What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Tuesday, July 7, 2015

I Love Twist Records


I came across this one in a thrift store.  I know Irving Fields from his Bagels and Bongos records.   The cover caught my eye.  A silhouette of a 'twister' with an hourglass figure - except it kind of looks like time ran out.  





I did a little research on this and found out that it's quite collectible. Everest records was started by Harry Belock - an inventor.  They pioneered the use of recording on 35MM magnetic film.  Early recordings on this label from prior to the sale to Mercury (along with the technology) are supposedly as good as it got at the time.








No comments:

Post a Comment