What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Friday, July 3, 2015

Happy 4th of July

You can't get more 'American' than John Wayne.  For some reason, he made a record. It dominated the cutout bins for a long time in the late '70's.


So when you're grilling hot dogs, drinking beer and watching the carnage of war depicted with pretty fireworks  - think of that great American.  He never served in the military, but criticized others who avoided service.  He was never a cowboy, but played one in the movies. He was a mouthpiece for conservative causes.   He detested hippies.  In a nutshell, he represented the conservative establishment that the '60's tried to overturn.  


John Wayne  - America, Why I Love Her  (RCA 1973)




Just for fun, here's an excerpt.





No comments:

Post a Comment