What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Friday, July 24, 2015

KHJ Boss Oldies


With the rise of FM radio in the late '60's, AM top forty stations struggled to stay hip and relevant.   In the world of top forty, a song was considered an oldie if it was more than a few months old.  Stations would lease masters and release them in low cost compilations.  I've seen these in other markets.  It's possible they were the same pressings with a different radio station on the cover.

KHJ was one of the primary AM radio rock outlets in Los Angeles.  In their effort to stay relevant, they released a compilation with the cover below.





It really is kind of creepy.   Peace sigh contact lenses and a mouth sealed shut shrunken head style with 'love.'

Not to be outdone, rival AM station KRLA released these things as well.








No comments:

Post a Comment