What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, October 20, 2018

Cosby's Label

Before the Cosby Show became a mega hit.  Before he became the spokesman for Jello and Roofies, There was Bill Cosby the record man.

His label, Tetragrammaton, only lasted a few years.


Their biggest hits were early sides by Deep Purple.    When John and Yoko attempted to release Two Virgins which featured Lennon's London Times flapping in the breeze, Capitol/Apple refused to release it.   Tetragrammaton stepped in and released it wrapped in a brown paper bag. 

So what is Tetragrammaton you ask?   It's the term for the Hebrew trick of writing something without actually writing it.  You see, they're not allowed to write 'God' so they write 'G_D' instead.  Kind of silly if you ask me as you've communicated what you want to say.   If we were to apply the same method to gentile writing, GD is shorthand for 'goddamn,'   So I'm not sure they're winning here by writing 'G_D.'   Almost as silly as that symbol for Prince.

So stop whining and finish your GD Jello shot already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment