What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, December 13, 2014

Esquivel vs. the Ames Brothers

Esquivel's trademarks were otherworldly sounds and ping pong stereo effects.  Today we call this 'space-age bachelor pad music'

Esquivel was embraced by the early hipsters about ten years ago which caused the prices to shoot up in the used record emporiums.  
Things are now getting back to normal.  Enjoy the splendor of the cover.






About a week after writing about the Ames Brothers' Destination Moon album, I pulled this Esquivel album out when we had some friends over for cocktails.  Something seemed familiar......




And there you have it.  I guess RCA didn't want to spring for a new backdrop.     

No comments:

Post a Comment