What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Monday, December 29, 2014

Grandes Hits De Los Rockin' Devils


While killing some time at a thrift store during my daughter, Wendy Saugus', piano lesson, I came across this record.  A scan of the song titles ensured to the world that I would invest the 50 cents needed to acquire this one.  I'm a big fan of current rock hits sung in different languages by local cover bands.

All the way home I kept repeating a mantra.

Please let these be sung in Spanish, Please let these be sung in Spanish




 I rushed into the house and bypassed my usual thrift store decontamination ritual of dusting, slathering with record cleaning solution and vacuuming.  Couldn't wait to give this one a spin.  




I was not disappointed.   It's all in Spanish.  The band is passable.   Favorite tracks here are Up Around the Bend (El Cafe Del Amor - 'The Cafe of Love?"), Whole Lotta Love (Demasiado Amor - "Too Much Love?"), Venus and Victoria.   The last two don't require a translation as they're proper nouns in the original song, but the words are in Spanish on the recording.

i mantener en rockin !


No comments:

Post a Comment