What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year from George Harrison



There aren't that many New Year's  Eve songs out there.   George Harrison put out one in 1974.  Kind of light, but appropriate for the evening.   Play this and a few Guy Lombardo tunes and you're all set.




George already had plans to start his own label when the Apple/EMI expired the following year.  Rather than go for the standard Apple label, he opted for a custom label on the 45 showing (I think) his future wife on one side.   Take that Linda and Yoko.   George can play this game too.




George put himself on the B-Side.   An instrumental invitation to see his next tour.  




George's final Apple release, Extra Texture, featured an Apple logo that was just the core.  Was he bitter? Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment