What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Saturday, May 2, 2015

B-52's Rock Lobster

The B-52's - Rock Lobster b/w 52 Girls (1978)

This is their first 45.  There is no record company credited.  I don't know if the light printing on the back cover is intentional or a misprint.

A fun band.  I picked up this single after hearing it on Rodney Bingemenheimer's radio show.  They later got signed to Warner Brothers.  I saw them right around the time their first album came out as the opening act for Talking Heads.








Supposedly Rock Lobster prompted John Lennon to get back into the studio after his 'house husband' period.  Legend has it he was in a bar, heard Kate Pierson's Yoko Ono impressions and thought the world was now ready for a new John/Yoko record.    He grabbed the missus and began work on Double Fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment