What's All This Then

Why should I care what this guy has to say?

The correct answer is that you shouldn’t. We’re all entitled to our opinions. Develop your own. I try to be sane and rational, but that may change with the level of caffeine intake. I’m just telling my stories in the hopes they may amuse and/or inform others. And... I Confess... I'm showing off my bitchen collection a bit.


Thursday, June 18, 2015

Friday on My Mind



Not sure what day of the week this will post.  One of my quests in the record collecting world is to obtain the original versions of songs covered on David Bowie's 'Pinups' LP.  I'm almost there.  

Picked this one up at my local shop the other day.

The Easybeats - Friday on My Mind b/w Made My Bed: Gonna Lie In It.

A teenage anthem about being in a mundane job all week looking forward to cutting loose on Friday night.  Our hero claims he's gonna 'lose his head, spend his bread', etc.  Sounds like fun. 




For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction.  There are consequences to your behavior.  

The B-Side tells a different story.  Is this the result of partying too hard and just being exhausted - or did our hero get in some kind of trouble that will change his life.  Jail?  Knocking up his girl who 'looked out of sight to me?'




No comments:

Post a Comment